The 6-day creative residence within the framework of the Divadelná Nitra International Theatre Festival (Nitra, Slovakia) offers up-and-coming young theater professionals under the aged 35 to immerse themselves in a discussion of modern theater art. The Association Divadelná Nitra (Slovakia) together with the Center for Visual and Performing Arts “ART Corporation” (Belarus) announces the acceptance of applications among young theater critics from Belarus to participate in V4 @ THEATER CRITICS RESIDENCY, which will be held from September 27 to October 3, 2019.
V4@THEATRE CRITICS RESIDENCY enables participants to watch and discuss performances of the 28th edition of the Divadelná Nitra International Festival under the leadership of international lector, to meet theatre professionals from Europe, and to take part in debates with artists, critics who are attending the festival. The name of the lector will be announced in July.
Applications are accepted until July 31, 2019.
The terms of participation:
- professional and up-and-coming theater critics from Belarus,
- fluent in English (both spoken and written),
- age up to 35 years,
- motivation letter (interested to improve his/her presentation skills and analysis of a theatre production)
Participants of the residence will need:
- make a presentation on the current situation on the stage in the country, which will be held as part of a public discussion, an integral part of the additional program of the festival;
- publish an article which shall take the form of review about the Divadelná Nitra productions or interviews with participants of the festival.
The organizers cover the following expenses:
- tickets to all festival productions of the main programme and access to accompanying events
- accommodation of participants for 6 nights (breakfast included),
- reimbursement of travel costs to Nitra (the most economical means of transport),
- lunches during their stay at the Festival.
The full program of the festival will be published in July at nitrafest.sk.
Partners of the Association Divadelná Nitra:
Zbigniew Raszewski Theatre Institute, Poland
Trafó – House of Contemporary Arts, Hungary
Arts and Theatre Institute, Czech Republic
The Theatre Institute Bratislava, Slovakia
East European Performing Arts Platform, Poland
Center for Cultural Projects Azart, Moldova
Theatre Union of the Russian Federation, Russian Federation
Visual and Performing Arts Centre ART CORPORATION, Belarus